Sunday, June 26, 2011

All About Almonds


Almonds are high in monounsaturated fats, the same type of health-promoting fats that are found in olive oil. Monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFAs) help get rid of belly fat as well.
Almonds are a very good source of vitamin E and manganese. They are also a very good source of magnesium, copper, riboflavin (vitamin B2), and phosphorus. These are all great for our health!
Almonds are a protein powerhouse! A quarter-cup contains 7.62 grams—more protein than the typical egg, which contains about 5.54 grams of protein.

Not only are they packed with great nutrients that our body needs, they also taste great and can be used in so many different ways!
  • They're the perfect addition to your homemade trail mix!
  • Perfect for on the go! Grab a small handful and the fiber in these nuts with keep you full for a while.
  • Top your oatmeal or yogurt with some of these nutrient packed nuts.
  • Take them to the movies! They're much healthier than buttery popcorn and candy, but you'll still have something to much on.
  • Or how about making your own almond milk?
  • Have some Apple and Almond Muesli!


What are some of your favorite ways to eat almonds? Feel free to leave a comment below! =)

6 comments:

Lauren said...

i love adding a few almonds to my cereal, greek yogurt and oatmeal! they are one of my favorite nuts :)

Errign said...

Honestly, almonds are not my favorite nut. Something about them, I don't really love. I don't even like almond butter! I do like almond milk though :)

Lindsay@LivingLindsay said...

I love almonds! I love making my own granola with almonds tossed in. I also love to blend almonds, almond milk, and maple syrup together to make a perfect pancake topping. Yum! But my fave way to eat them is all blended up into almond butter -so good!!

Meg said...

I flippin' LOVE almonds, just fresh out of the package! All nuts are good, actually! :)

Anonymous said...

I like to have an apple with some almonds as a snack :)

Carla said...

I love making my own trail mix with almonds, walnuts, cashews, dark chocolate chips and dried fruit :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...